Day 47 - CAKE

This was a fun thing that's been waiting to happen for a while. Coffee and cake with the Dortons. 

Plus a walk and some leaf art with Liz after.



Always good to share fun with friends. And these two have been particularly good to me. Ever since I pitched up in Hull 20 years ago. 

Today being no exception. Liz had baked me a cake for the imminent birthday. Proudly announcing the use of a rare and wonderful flour made from brazil nuts. Which to most people would have been a delight. But to me, was an unfortunate heart-drop. Brazil nuts being the only food in the world (I'm aware of anyway) that I'm allergic to. 

So, to avoid a swollen spotty throat and the likelihood of throwing up, I had to tell her. Not sure which one of us was most disappointed.

But then, in true Liz style, she quickly threw together the same ingredients, swapping the brazil nut flour with ground almonds, and 20 minutes later, ta da!! A new cake. 

Which was lovely. And just one example of her going the extra mile. As has Andy over the years too.

So feeling thankful for them today. And the colour, gravity, wisdom and FUN they've shared with me over the years. As well as really good cake.