Day 20 - RANDOM


There's a book on my shelf I've borrowed but still haven't read yet so I thought I'd bring it out and use it for today's fun thing. Another apt book for this challenge: "Don't shoot the clowns - taking a circus to the children of Iraq" by Jo Wilding. 

I did start it a few months back but found it a bit heavy for summer reading. So put it away until I felt a bit more up to it. 

Today wasn't quite that day, however. Today was a day of just dipping in and picking out some random words. For the purposes of play and putting together some pithy poems.

But as it turned out, it produced some pretty good poetry. A few short bursts of it anyway. Which I was chuffed to have found in their roundabout way.




Am inspired now to discover more poems hidden in books. Or on billboards. Or in other blogs. Or wherever. They didn't take long and each one was like a sudden surprise when they came together. Amazing. And a reminder that creativity's not about having to start from scratch and conjure up something from nowhere. It's about using what's already there. And just playing and seeing what unique and inspiring things may well come forth.