Day 28 - OUT


 
Today I enjoyed getting some art out of the garage and hanging it on the fence behind our caravan. Some pieces have had to return because I realise now they're not suited to autumnal weather. But most have remained. And will be added to, no doubt, in the coming months.   

They're pictures by friends and family and some by me too. And it just gives me pleasure to see them. And know they're not hiding away anymore. 

I just wish they could be seen by more people. And am wondering now where there might be somewhere to do something similar. Beyond the fence. To be enjoyed by the many and not just the few. Will look into it anyway.

In the meantime, I'm reminded me of something I did back in the summer of 2014. Alongside a campaign running in the UK called "Art Everywhere". Which was all about getting art out on the streets. Twenty paintings from well-known art galleries were chosen by the public and made into posters which were then plastered o
nto bus shelters, buses, billboards, banks, benches, buildings, bollards etc 

At the time I was living in Cambodia and thought that this was a very good thing. So on a whim and in solidarity, I decided to post a piece of art everyday on Facebook. And enlist the help of creative friends and family.

What transpired was a delightful, steady stream of paintings, mosaics, crafts, bagpipes, puppets, murals, music, writing, drawings, photos and films from all round the world. Beautiful things that made me smile everyday. And lots of other people too.

Here's the film I made at the end of it all. Which I've just watched and had a rush of joy and gratitude. For that time and for everyone involved. And I'm feeling a renewed sense of purpose too. To keep on keeping on. Putting stuff Out There. Beautiful, life-giving things. That do our hearts good. Especially at such a time as this.