Day 26 - CHANGE

Collecting change has become a habit I can't seem to kick. 1ps, 2ps and 5ps have no chance in my purse, getting kicked out on a regular basis and kept out of circulation in a jar for a year or two. Which can't be fun for them. But it's always a good day when their release date arrives. And it's time to free them back into the world. Today being such a day. Hallelu.

Between Mr P and me, we'd guessed they'd be anything from £6.20 to £10.52 in the jars. So it was a mighty surprise when the coinage collective surpassed this by over a pound and brought forth £11.73 from the Sainsburys changing change machine. Not counting the 10% taken off for reasons I can't remember now. So at least £2 more than we thought. Heady days indeed.

Twas good to get home anyway and start the ball rolling with The Flying Seagulls Fundraiser and make the first donation: https://theflyingseagull.enthuse.com/pf/fiona-parker

Just £488.27 to go now to hit the £500 target. 

Whether that will happen, who knows. Today's the first day I've really promoted the fundraising side of this challenge and I'm not convinced, to be honest. Part of me wants to reduce the target and aim for less. But Mr P is keen for me to stick to my guns. So guns, sticking, will do. 

With 129 Fifty Fun Things followers on Facebook, it is possible if each follower contributes a fiver. If they're able to anyway. So I'll put out a rallying call and see how that fares. In the last couple of weeks anyway. For a final streak of momentum and hopefully, jubilation.

So anyone reading this, please be praying for people to respond. It's not the be all and end all if I'm honest. This challenge has become more than just a money raising exercise. In so many ways. But it would be good if The Flying Seagulls could be blessed at the end of it. And all the kids they reach, in consequence, too....


Big Thanks xx