Day 8 - FUEL

      

Today is the last day of Summer. The Autumnal Equinox - when day is as long as night.  So this evening we had a ceremony of sorts to mark the occasion. We being me & Gav and Mark & Liane. Our bubble/community here in Hessle.

It was inspired by our friends from Ground - an arts collective in Hull - who did a similar thing last night. Which Gav and I attended and then nicked the idea tonight.

It's a simple thing. Each person has a pile of sticks and in a time of shared silence, puts them in the fire one by one. Each time with the intention of either letting something go or fuelling something for the future. 

Last night I was all in to letting things go. So tonight there was freedom to fuel. And it was good! Good to think of people and projects and pray for them to flourish. And of hopes and dreams me & Gav have shared and pray for them to flourish too. I could have done with a lot more sticks as it turned out. More than I needed yesterday. Which was an encouragement in itself.

Twas a special night anyway. And I'm looking forward to the coming months with hope and anticipation. In spite of all that's happening around us. And the bleak forecasts in the news today.

To quote Tony Benn again, in the words on the mug that still lives on: