Day 6 - VULNERABILITY

This seemed a good idea earlier today. When I was in the flow of writing and putting off the washing up. The thought of doing it in a onesie felt like another PING! moment for this challenge. A sudden inspiration transforming a dreaded task into something appealingly joyful.

However, once in said onesie, I felt a bit daft. And a bit fat. And a bit nervous about how I'd look in the photos. Did I really want to make a prat of myself on Facebook?? And have it there for posterity?

It was a shock to feel like that, to be honest, given my unfettered enthusiasm earlier. I just assumed it would be a giggle and give others a giggle too. Which by the look of it, it has. But even so...


Whodathought wearing a onesie would be so provoking? Evoking that familiar withering feeling inside. Of wanting to be free and unashamed but just feeling ridiculous. And scared of what people might think. And then having to make the U turn. The sudden swerve into "Sod it!" mode before fear takes a grip and all things free and fun are scuppered. All that in a few moments. Between the scrubbing of a stubborn stain and the near smashing of my prized Tony Benn mug. Blimey. 


Thankfully freedom won out and shame sloped off. And a giggle was had by me and Gav. 

So I continue to be enCOURAGEd by this. And defiant about having fun. Learning to give in to the child inside and let her lead the way. The expert at gleeful onesie-wearing and uninhibited joy.